Rock on Design

Friday, March 25, 2005

I'm at a Place Called Vertigo

Well, acutally I'm not at a place called Veritgo. This is inpart to the fact that I can no longer purchase tickets to U2's concert here in Minnesota in September. I happened to be working an auction when tickets went on sale this past weekend. So I will be unable to see the band rock out like the rock 'n' roll icons that they are.

My desire to see this band actually stems from an after bar that I attended 3 years ago. I was working with and running sound for a band. Of course these guys are great and so after the show a very rockin' party was hosted at the home of one of the fans. It was at this party that I first viewed the Holy Grail of rock show DVD's. Yes, I was able to view for the first time: U2's Elevation tour DVD.

Since that night (or early morning) I have always looked to that DVD for rock inspiration. I would recommend that DVD to anyone how has even a fleeting interest in rockin' their face off.

Unfortunately, with the onset of Auction season I was unable to secure tickets to their Vertigo tour stop in Minnesota. Yes, that is one strike against that profession... there will probably be more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home