Rock on Design

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Twenty, Twenty, Twenty-Four Hours to go

In the past I’ve commented on television and more specifically reality TV but today I want to mention a recent television obsession of mine. The Fox show – 24.

I know that this is the 5th season of this show, but I am a relative latecomer to the series. I have had friends who rave about it, but have only had a fleeting interest until late. (Most likely cause Monday’s have historically been a busy night for me.) So this year I thought I would give the show a whirl and see what all the fuss was about. (If you want an accurate description check out Wikipedia right here.)

So last night I watched the episode that aired and I was impressed by the way they built a solid action packed episode. In fact last week they had an entire hour that really didn’t accomplish anything (except set up this week) and I was still drawn back for more. In a world of reality TV drama and cookie cutter sitcoms I really appreciate a show that takes the time to build multiple story arcs that continue to intertwine on a weekly basis.

So, while you all might not agree with me I can solidly state that I can give 24 a thumbs up. (Due to graphic content I cannot determine if this show would be right for you. Thank you and have a nice day.)

(Heading lyrics – I wanna be sedated, by The Ramones)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home