Rock on Design

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Believe in Yesterday: Recap 2

(We now join January’s recap, already in progress.)

January Recap Part 2:
When I decided to be a graphic designer I did it because I wanted to work with art (which I enjoy) but still have a job (which was rather presumptuous of me.) So when I got this job I was happy to have one (and still am for that matter.)

Each year the company I work for puts on multiple conferences. We have 6 regional conferences and 2 national ones. For the past 4 odd weeks we have been doing all we could to pull of our largest one of the year. This time around it was held in Daytona Beach, Florida. This may seem like a good time to those of you who still read this blog, but I beg to differ. Rally time is a high stress period of time that is highlighted by long hours, neglected meals and crushed spirits. In a word… it is hell.

I will keep this entry short, but I just want to send out a warning any future graphic designers… I became a designer to have fun… I was wrong.

(Heading lyrics – Yesterday by the Beatles)

2 Comments:

  • perhaps you should start your own graphic design company that specailizes in Graphic Design for Auctions or something like that.

    By Blogger Stuen, at 8:40 AM  

  • LOL, yeah that has been a consideration for quite some time.

    By Blogger Andy, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home