Rock on Design

Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm a Cowboy, on a Steel Horse I Ride

Just to be clear this entry is not about riding a steel horse, but a real one. As I have mentioned in the past I am an auctioneer and one of the icons associated with the profession and more specifically my father is a cowboy hat. On my business card I am wearing a white cowboy hat and that is how our family is recognized. (There are worse things to be known for.)

So, one might think that with the hat comes boots, spurs, horses, and both kinds of music (country and western). However for me… it stops at the boots. This past Friday night I hung out with a friend from college and on Saturday we went horseback riding in Spring Valley with her dad and his wife. I have ridden before, in fact we used to have a horse on our farm for a summer when I grew up, so I am not totally clueless as riding goes. I guess I have never just gone for fun however… I can honestly say that I had a good time. There is something peaceful about riding through the hills of western Wisconsin (even though the leaves have already fallen from the trees.) We saw deer, a hawk, an eagle, and a couple of bow hunters. Even if I can’t disregaurd the pain I was in for hours I had a great time.

So I guess I am just saying… everyone should go horseback riding… or at least go out and have some fun this fall before its too late.

(Heading lyrics – Wanted Dead or Alive, by Bon Jovi)

1 Comments:

  • i think if you could shoot stuff from the horse it would be even more fun.

    By Blogger Stuen, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home