Rock on Design

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So Much More than Empty Conversations, Filled with Empty Words

I know that it has been a while since my last post, but between moving, work and a total lack of an internet connection at home I have been cut off from much of the known world. I will most likely write more on my move and new living situation in the future, but today’s focus is on a very familiar topic… a rock show I saw Monday night.

On Monday my entire family, (mother, brother, sister, brother, father and brother) all joined together to experience the “Great Minnesota Get-Together” (the state fair). We traveled throughout grounds experiencing food, demonstrations, music, food, vendors and large pieces of farm equipment. (Did I mention food?) However, as the night came upon us my sister bid us a farewell and the rest of us ventured into the grandstand for a show entitled, “An Evening with Switchfoot.”

As always Switchfoot delivered a killer show. From having lead singer John Forman stroll through the crowd, to playing many new songs from their upcoming CD release, it was a night I won’t soon forget. As always I was impressed my younger brothers, I am so blessed to have 3 of the coolest brothers a guy could have!

If I can figure out how, I will try to include some pictures from the concert in a future entry. Peace.

(Heading lyrics – On Fire by Switchfoot)

1 Comments:

  • don't you hate comment spam.

    Sounds like it was a good show. I think I've seen switchfoot in concert more than any other band. 5 or 6 times I believe, and it's not because I just love switchfoot, they just always seemed to be playing in the same places I'm already at. weird. fortuantely they're good.

    By Blogger josh, at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home