Rock on Design

Monday, July 25, 2005

Gotta Make my Mark and be an Auctioneer

This past week, as I mentioned earlier, I was attending the National Auctioneer Association Conference and Show. (In beautiful Pittsburg, PA)

First of all, I am not going to say that my vacation was relaxing, but it was very entertaining. When you get a group of auctioneers together a great time can be had. Between all the seminars contests and awards, I once again began to consider when I would be taking up the gavel full time. It finally came down to this:

I will most likely become a full time auctioneer once I grow up. I think the only thing keeping me from growing up is the fact that once I take on auctions full time I will most likely do it the rest of my life. To be completely honest, that seems like a long time. I am at a stage in my life when I don’t even know where I am gonna live in September let alone want I want to accomplish in my life time.

So I guess I will continue on with my odd existence on the fence of being an auctioneer and a graphic designer. (Which isn’t so bad since I can make a living where I am right now.)

Heading lyrics – The Auctioneer Song by Leroy Van Dyke

1 Comments:

  • i'd stick with graphic design, auctioneering sounds like something you should start when you're like 40.

    but thats just me.

    By Blogger Stuen, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home