Rock on Design

Monday, April 04, 2005

Money, Money, Money, Money... MONEY

It beginning to become the standard on Monday’s entry to recount my weekend’s auction exploits, and this week will be no different. (Okay, back to the topic at hand)

MONEY - It's the motivator of our economy and too often the focus of our lives.

This weekend my father and I raised money for the POW-MIA balloon teams that are based in St. Cloud Minnesota. We oversaw the registration and clerking of the silent and live auction items. We were also able to do a special fundraising push called Fund-A-Need. The need in this case was a new trailer for the balloon team. To be completely honest, I didn’t know what type of response we would receive, but the results spoke for themselves. We raised the $4000 we needed by just asking the people in the room to put their hands in the air and say yes to a small contribution.

Once again the power of a professional Auctioneer was apparent as my father did what even I believed wasn’t possible. Now that’s a good salesman.

(Heading lyrics – Money, theme song from the TV show The Apprentence)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home