Rock on Design

Monday, March 28, 2005

I'm be Going, Swimming in a Sea of Old Friends

This past weekend I did just that.

Okay, maybe not quite that, but I did see an old friend of mine that I never expected. From time to time a bond can be built, and that bond is unquestionably a memorable one. It could be the other kid that got pick on like you in grade school. It could be your spouse with which you share a lasting bond. However, in my case it is with a 1983 Chevrolet Suburban. This blue sun-damaged rust spattered piece of history was my first real vehicle. At a time when I needed freedom the most, Old Blue was there. I drove that urban assault vehicle for the better portion of 2 years after I turned 16. It was 1997 when I last drove her to school and to this day she still has the marks I put on her. (Including, but not limited to the holes by the glove compartment where I hung my Pioneer CD player since it was too tough to remove the original stereo.)

This past weekend, while working an auction, I saw Old Blue one more time. She drove through the ring and we sold her for $200. I still don’t know why I didn’t buy her back. I guess some memories are best left in our past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home