Rock on Design

Monday, April 11, 2005

I Wanna be a Rockstar

For the better part of the last 10 years of my life I have wanted to be a rockstar. Unfortunately due to an extreme prepossession for responsible planning I have never achieved this desire. As the oldest son, I have often made the choice to put aside pipedreams for more standard pursuits like a degree and a profession. On a whole I am happy with these choices, but from time to time my mind will drift to what could have been.

This past weekend I was able to live a little of that dream. My brothers and I played a short rock show on the farm back home. With one brother on bass, one on drums, one on keys, and our cousin on lead guitar we rocked out. I sang and played acoustic to fill out the group. Don’t get me wrong we aren’t great or anything, heck we aren’t even all that good, but we had a good time and so did the crowd.

So with that I will quote the immortal words of AC/DC, “For Those About to Rock… I Salute You.”

(heading lyrics – Rockstar by Epic Hero)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home