Rock on Design

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Gonna Die

Last night I went out to see a rock show. To be completely honest I was disappointed that while the band rocked the house no one was really into the show. Sure they would get up from time to time and stumble their way to the dance floor, however I believe they were more interested in the $1 tappers enjoying a great show.

One of the highlights of the night for me was seeing a friend from a local band and talking in length about guitars with him. In the not to distant future I am looking to purchase a quality electric guitar. I have looked at Les Pauls, and I am very familiar with Strats and Telecaters. After a discussion with this rocker I am now leaning toward a Gibson SG. Made famous by AC/DC’s lead guitarist Angus Young. (Also used by Jack Black in one of my favorite movies) It looks a little meaner than I what I would naturally lean toward, but my friend thinks he can get a real good deal from a distributor for me. This all works out great cause I am on a bit of a budget. Needless to say I am somewhat excited about the prospect of a new toy.

(Heading lyrics – Rock ‘n’ Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution by AC/DC)

1 Comments:

  • you went back to Bogarts? wow. I thought "conversations with 50+ yr old drunk guy" would be enough to keep you away...
    Anyway, you should really talk to the guys at roger about a web-makeover. It's pretty horrid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home