Rock on Design

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pre-Ex-Girlfriend… That girl is just to fine, Pre-Ex-Girlfriend… make me loose my mind

I don’t know if this has ever happened to either of the people that read my BLog, but I wanted to let you in on a little experience I had last weekend.

A friend of mine threw a little holiday party with her roommates and a few of my friends and I were invited. It was kind of like a “nice” house party. Sure there was drinking, but no Keg and on the whole most of the attendees were at least 21 years old. It was a great mix of people and I was happy to see that I only knew a few people. (I have come to enjoy knowing few from time to time when attending parties.)

A little while into the evening I was beginning to scan the crowd to see who to go talk to when I noticed a guy and girl stilling at the table in the dinning room. I worked my way over to them and started talking with them. I could tell from far away that he was into her, but that she “just wanted to be friends” (oh yes, I am a pro at seeing that one.) Just to have some fun I started flirting with her to see if it would piss him off… which it did. To his credit he was the standard “nice guy” and said nothing. After I while I found out he was 18 and she was 19. After a little while she went to the restroom and I took the opportunity to lay it on the line for this poor clueless college freshman.

I basically said, “You’re into her aren’t you?” and he replied, “um… well… yeah.”
I then proceeded to tell him to MOVE ON. Yep, I was trying to do him a favor. I told him after YEARS and YEARS of being in his shoes, I had the experience needed to tell him to move on.

It felt sooooo good to give back to other hopeless cases out there. (I just wish someone had done that for me long ago.) As for this young man… I did see him talking with another young lady later in the evening… “Yep. My work here is done.”

(Heading lyrics – Pre-Ex-Girlfriend by Five Iron Frenzy)

3 Comments:

  • I would recomend taking copies of a book, like this one
    to parties, to hand out to the lost causes...
    Hehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 AM  

  • well done Andy. well done.

    By Blogger josh, at 3:00 PM  

  • ahh yes.. once an RA always an RA.

    By Blogger Stuen, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home