Rock on Design

Friday, June 30, 2006

I Feel Summer Creepin In

It seems like the time of year that encompasses May & June are extremely busy. This year was pretty much the same. If you have been a reader for some time you may recall my thoughts on the Daytona Conference back in January. For those of you who are new, the company I work for puts on 2 large conferences a year, 1 in January or February and then another in June. Due to this unfortunate turn of events I have been WAAAAY over stressed at work. However, it is now time to catch everyone up on my life.

May: (in a nutshell)
With the end of the school year, for those of you who are lucky enough not to be a working stiff, comes the graduation of my brother Michael. I know there were times that were hard for my brother, but I am so proud of him and excited for what the future will hold for this recent High School graduate. Along with graduation comes the BARN DANCE. (For more information one this family tradition check out Dan’s blog.)

June: (no shell could hold this nut)
With fun and joy quickly forgotten it was time to roll up our sleeves at work. Luckily our summer conference is held in Minnesota, so I didn’t have to travel very far. All I can say is that we worked LONG hours and didn’t really have much time to catch our collective breaths.
Once the conference was over we have been able to enjoy something we like to call “Aftershocks.” Basically, this includes ALL loose ends and various other fires that pop up because we have been busy for the past 2 months. I really don’t know if I have left work in a good mood for over a month now.
With all that stress how do I celebrate the end of the conference? By going to the Pearl Jam & Tom Petty concert this past week. It was a blast and was a personal thrill to see one of my favorite songs performed by the original. I know I will always remember that concert when I am singing Mary Jane’s Last Dance.

Well it’s time to sign off.
Cheers!

(Heading Lyrics – Mary Jane’s Last Dance by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home