Rock on Design

Friday, July 21, 2006

There’s Nothin’ Like a View From the Cheap Seats

For the past 3 weeks I have been so busy that I have neglected posting my thoughts for the whole world to see. But seeing as how I don’t know if anyone reads this anymore, the whole blog thing has become more a of journal for me to look back on than for anyone to read.

As I look out on my car parked outside my office window with the sun shining down I am reminded of one of America’s greatest past times, (or at least that past time’s evil twin brother) – Softball. Last summer I wrote a bit about my love of the game, but this summer Jess is in a summer league and I have found my self in one of my favorite roles. I am the team’s #1 fan… but I prefer the title – Athletic Supporter! A number of years back my mother was asked to join a softball team to boast their ranks of female players. It was a great chance for all her children to come cheer her on (much like she had done for us years before). It was at this point that I really started to enjoy watching a good game of softball as much as playing. There is nothing better that cheering for the underdog, especially when the whole team knows they suck. Heck, they are only there to have fun… and when they actually win a game they are so excited (even if it only happens once or twice all season.)

So next time you wanna start a softball league think of me… not as a player but as the best damn Athletic Supporter around!

(Heading lyrics – Cheap Seats by Alabama)

2 Comments:

  • having a fan is awesome. the summer christian was born, traci and christian came to all my church league softball games. they didn't always get to watch (traci was usually changing his diaper), but it was so cool to have that "athletic support."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

  • umm... when i think of the athletic support i think of the uncomfortable elastic things we had to wear in High School....

    By Blogger Stuen, at 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home