Rock on Design

Friday, October 06, 2006

I Breathed the Mountain Air Man

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Not because I am going anywhere special or doing anything fun, but because I FINALLY know what’s going to happen. (Alright, I am getting a little ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning.)

Monday – My boss’s assistant came to my office and told me that I need to fly to Detroit with my boss this weekend or to Denver next weekend for training. (At this point in the week I have NO idea what training I need.) I told her that I couldn’t go to Denver because of a very large auction my father is doing, and that he needs my assistance.

Tuesday – My boss’s assistant returns to tell me that tickets for Detroit are $1,100.00 because there are only 3 seats on the flight remaining. (Didn’t know Detroit was such a vacation destination.)

Wednesday – I finally have a chance to ask my boss about the expense and he definitely thinks it’s alright to pass on this training opportunity. (I now find out that I am supposed to learn how to train our members on our compensation plan.)

Thursday – When I see my boss he mentions that I should plan on setting aside a weekend in November for training in Sacramento. (Sounds much warmer if you ask me.)

Friday – I speak with my boss’s assistant again and realize there was a mistake made with the Denver weekend. NOW it looks like I will be spending a few days in Colorado later this month. (I would rather be in Denver than Detroit anyway… maybe I can hitch a ride down to Colorado Springs while I’m at it…)

Anyway, it looks like I will be working an auction way up north tomorrow and I’m happy about that since I wouldn’t have been paid any overtime for flying to Detroit. Well I better get going before my story changes again.

Editor’s Note:
I just realized this wasn’t a very good story, but hey, at least I got 2 entrees done in 1 week.

Heading lyrics – I Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash

3 Comments:

  • the work paid for trips i have been on for training are always kind of lame.

    By Blogger Stuen, at 2:10 PM  

  • It's been awhile since you logged in here....don't you have another work trip coming up to write and/or voice strong opinions about??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • I am beginning to wonder about you. Where are you? How have you been? Please update us! We (well, at least I) am waiting on baited breath......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home