Rock on Design

Monday, August 21, 2006

With Stars in His Eyes

This past weekend I went home to visit my family for a quick visit. Friday night was the return of Don’t Block Bob to the barn stage back on the home ranch. (For those of you playing along at home, Don’t Block Bob is the name of the band my brothers and I have. Website still in progress.) Anyway, we had a great time, but the real fun came Saturday morning. My brother purchased a game for their Playstation 2… Guitar Hero.

Okay, so this game is crazy fun. (The game operated using a special guitar that pugs into your PS2 and you play it like a simplified rockstar!) As a guitar player even I was able to get into it. From rockin the solid low riffs to raising the guitar above your head and using the wammy bar, this game is 5 stars all the way. I am just blown away at how easy it was to pick up but challenging to master. Any beginner can finish “I Love Rock and Roll” or “I Wanna be Sedated” on easy, but it takes real skill to beat those same songs on expert. I can’t wait to see what the second version of this game will throw our way for putting on our own ROCKSHOWS!

(Heading Lyrics – Juke Box Hero by Foreigner)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home